Fans Furious After Dolly Parton Endorses THIS Presidential Candidate – Will You Still Support Her?
June 30, 2016 3:29pm PST
Dolly Parton’s patriotic country music fans were furious this week when the country music legend endorsed Hillary Clinton in the election, saying that a female president would be “wonderful.”
“Hillary might make as good a president as anybody ever has,” Parton told the New York Times.
“I think no matter if it’s Hillary or Donald Trump, we’re gonna be plagued with PMS either way — presidential mood swings!” she joked, according to Taste of Country. “But I personally think a woman would do a great job. I think Hillary’s very qualified. So if she gets it, I’ll certainly be behind her.”
Parton is currently on her Pure & Simple Tour for her album of the same name. She recently talked about how flattered she is to have a large gay audience along with her country fans.
“I think it’s fun!” the singer said. “You know, we usually have boys all dressed like me, and so when I do ‘Jolene’ and I see a bunch of drag queens out there, I start singing [to the tune of the ‘Jolene’ chorus] ‘drag queen, drag queen, drag queen! Please don’t take my man!’” she says. “I have a huge gay following, and I’m proud of them. Sometimes some of them look more like me than I do.”
What do you think about Parton’s comments? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Major Development In Michigan Recount
- Voter Fraud Discovered In Michigan – This Changes Everything
- Trey Gowdy Reveals What He Plans To Do To Hillary After Trump Is Inaugurated – She Is DONE
- Gene Simmons BLACKLISTED After Telling Liberal Celebrities to ‘Shut Their Pie Holes’ About Politics
- BREAKING: Judge Issues Game-Changing Recount Ruling – IT’S HAPPENING