BREAKING: Hollywood Legend Found Dead – Please Send Prayers
July 6, 2016 6:48pm PST
Hollywood is in mourning this week after former child star Teddy Rooney, son of Mickey Rooney and Martha Vickers, passed away on Saturday after a long illness. He was 66 years-old.
Teddy’s sister Kelly confirmed his death to The Hollywood Reporter, saying he died at his home in Southern California.
Born Theodore Michael Rooney, Teddy played the son of his father Mickey’s famous character Andy Hardy in the 1958 film Andy Hardy Comes Home. According to Daily Mail, he also appeared with his father in General Electric Theater in 1960 and alongside his mother in an episode of Playhouse 90 in 1957.
Teddy abandoned his acting career in favor of going into music in the 1960s, and he appeared in the band The Rooney Brothers with siblings Mickey Jr. and Tim (who died in 2006). He was also a member in the band The Yellow Payges from 1966-1970.
His father Mickey died in 2014 at the age of 93, and his mother Martha died in 1971 of cancer at the age of 46.
Teddy is survived by his wife Carol and two daughters. Please send prayers their way during this difficult time!
You may also like to read:
- Obama Gets DEVASTATING News After Mourning Fidel Castro
- Mark Wahlberg BLACKLISTED After Slamming Obama-Loving Celebrities
- George Lopez Follows Through With Promise To LEAVE US After Trump Wins
- BREAKING: Beloved Country Music Star Passes Away
- BREAKING: Country Music Legend Dies Suddenly – Please Send Prayers