BREAKING: 11 Police Officers Dead, 78 Injured In Devastating Terror Attack
August 26, 2016 4:21pm PST
At least 11 police officers were killed and 78 were injured on Friday when a truck filled with explosives detonated at a checkpoint in southeast Turkey.
Fox News reported that the attack was carried out by Kurdish militants 50 yards from a main police station near the town of Cizre, which is located in the mainly-Kurdish Sirnak province that borders Syria. Though nobody has taken responsibility for the attack, authorities are blaming the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK.
The three story police station was completely destroyed by the explosion, and the Health Ministry said it had sent 12 ambulances and two helicopters to the site.
Tensions were raised between the PKK and security forces last year after the collapse of a fragile two-year peace process between the government and the militant group. In the last few months, Turkey has also seen a rise in terrorist attacks committed by ISIS.
We will update you further as this story develops.
You may also like to read:
- Entitled Muslim Refuses To Remove Burqa In Court – Judge Gives Her BRUTAL Dose Of Reality
- ISIS Fighter Tries To Kill Infidels – Gets Oneway Ticket To Allah
- Something Downright EERY Noticed About Ohio State University Attack – Look Closely…
- Texas Lawmakers Draw Up Bill That Would Make Attacking Police Officers A Hate Crime
- ISIS-Supporter Caught Planning Massive Terror Attack In New York City