BREAKING: NASCAR Legend Dies After Crash – Fans Call For Prayers
August 8, 2016 7:48pm PST
The NASCAR world is in mourning this week after versatile race car driver Bryan Clauson passed away of injuries he sustained in a serious crash at Saturday night’s Belleville Midget Nationals in Kansas. He was only 27 years-old.
“This is truly one of the darkest days in the 60-year history of the United States Auto Club,” USAC CEO Kevin Miller said, according to The Political Insider. “Not only have we lost one of our greatest USAC champions, we’ve lost a true ambassador for all of motor sports.”
Immediately after taking the lead during Saturday night’s race, Clauson climbed a guard rail between Turns 3 and 4 and flipped “heavily” before being struck by a car driven by Ryan Greth. The race was later won by Chad Boat after a red flag period.
Clauson competed in three Indianapolis 500 races, including this May for the 100th running, where he finished 23rd and led three laps. Though he had a brief NASCAR Xfinity Series career, he was best known for his talent in the dirt racing world.
“Bryan’s passion for our sport was unparalleled,” Miller said. “He was a leader not only on the track, but in the pits with his fellow competitors.”
Claus passed away at a Lincoln, Nebraska hospital surrounded by friends and family. He will be dearly missed!
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Obama Issues HORRIFYING Last Minute Initiative – This Will Divide Us Even More…
- Black Lives Matter Hoodlums Block Highway In Protest – Get BRUTAL Wakeup Call From Patriot
- ‘Refugees’ Block Highway… No Nonsense Trucker LETS THEM HAVE IT
- Smug CNN Anchor Gets BRUTAL RESPONSE After Joking About Trump Plane Crash
- Obama Gets DEVASTATING News After Mourning Fidel Castro