BREAKING: TERROR IN ARKANSAS – Shooter on Loose, Multiple Cops Shot
August 10, 2016 6:12pm PST
Two police officers were shot in Arkansas on Wednesday before a tense standoff with the shooter that lasted several hours.
According to Fox News, Sebastian County Deputy Bill Cooper is in extremely critical condition at Sparks Hospital in Fort Smith. Hackett Chief of Police Darrell Spells was treated and released from the hospital after a bullet grazed him in the head.
It all started when Spells and Cooper were called to the home of Billy M. Jones for a family disturbance at 7:20am. Jones has a lengthy criminal record that includes a 2007 conviction for manufacture and possession of a controlled substance and a 2011 conviction for theft of property. Back in February of this year, he was charged with possession of firearms and possession of a controlled substance.
Jones opened fire on Spells and Cooper when they arrived at his home. After a standoff that lasted several hours, the gunman was finally arrested a few minutes ago.
— Dillon Thomas (@5NEWSDillon) August 10, 2016
“It’s a shame the price that law enforcement officers are paying right now,” said U.S. Rep. Bruce Westerman, whose district includes part of Sebastian County.
Please keep both Spells and Cooper in your thoughts and prayers!
You may also like to read:
- Texas Lawmakers Draw Up Bill That Would Make Attacking Police Officers A Hate Crime
- Anti-Trump Protesters Attack Texas Cops – INSTANTLY Regret It
- Trump Drops Everything After Election To Do Something Obama Would NEVER Have The Guts To Do
- BREAKING: Police In Major US City FIRE On Anti-Trump Protesters After They Launch Violent Riot
- BREAKING: 5 People SHOT At Anti-Trump Rally