Texas Lawmakers Draw Up Bill That Would Make Attacking Police Officers A Hate Crime
November 22, 2016 8:47pm PST
Ever since Barack Hussein Obama took office and turned his back on police officers, attacks on American cops have increased at a very alarming rate. Now, Texas lawmakers are trying to combat this with a new bill that would make attacking a police officer or a first responder a hate crime.
“We’re going to ask that it become an emergency legislative item for the governor so that as soon as we get to Austin in January, we pass it right away, make it law right away,” said Republican State Rep. Jason Villalba, according to Fox News.
If this legislation is passed, it would toughen the penalties for attacking a police officer, firefighter, or any other emergency personnel. This proposal was introduced after last Sunday’s shocking murder of a San Antonio police officer, who was shot dead while writing a traffic ticket.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott called for lawmakers to draw up a bill like this one last July, after a sniper gunned down five cops in Dallas. The Officer Down Memorial Page states that 58 police officers have been shot dead this year alone, and seven the victims have been in Texas.
SHARE this story if you support this bill AND our nation’s police officers!
You may also like to read:
- Obama Gets DEVASTATING News After Mourning Fidel Castro
- Teacher Who Had Sex With Student DAILY Gets The WORST News Of Her Life
- Anti-Trump Protesters Attack Texas Cops – INSTANTLY Regret It
- Trump Drops Everything After Election To Do Something Obama Would NEVER Have The Guts To Do
- BREAKING: Police In Major US City FIRE On Anti-Trump Protesters After They Launch Violent Riot