Megyn Kelly dropped a bombshell yesterday when she revealed that she will be leaving Fox News to take a job at NBC News. Last night, Kelly was spotted walking into the studios at Fox immediately after the real reason for her departure leaked.
Daily Mail reported that despite the fact that Fox News offered Kelly an unprecedented $20 million contract to stay, she wanted more money. She fired back at them by demanding $25 million, and when they said no, she immediately walked and went to NBC.
Real classy, Megyn…
It should be noted that while NBC has not revealed how much they are giving Kelly, they had previously disclosed that they could not afford to pay her the $20 million Fox had offered her. Therefore, we can only assume that Kelly’s move to NBC was not a financial one, and was instead meant to punish Fox for not submitting to her ridiculous demands.
As usual, News Corp CEO and Chairman Rupert Murdoch took the high road and released a brief statement wishing Kelly luck in her future endeavors.
“We hope she enjoys tremendous success in her career and wish her and her family all the best,” Murdoch said.
On Tuesday night, Kelly was spotted walking into Fox News studios looking happy as can be to do her show. It had just been revealed that her last day at Fox will be Friday, even though she won’t be starting at NBC until July.
Megyn Kelly has spent the past year alienating Fox News viewers by frequently attacking Donald Trump as she tried to appeal to more mainstream networks. That’s why it should come as no surprise to her that many Fox News fans have made it abundantly clear to her that she will not be missed at the network…
SHARE this story if you are GLAD Megyn Kelly is LEAVING Fox News!